Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Good internet connection but cant sign in to msn + iTunes store.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CLaRaShiNe

CLaRaShiNe

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:38 PM

Hi,

I have not been able to sign in to windows live messenger ever since there was a need for all users to upgrade their old msn version to the new one. the error message says:

"We can't sign you in to windows live messenger

Signing in to windows live messenger has failed because the service is temporary not available. Please try again later. Your firewall may be blocking windows live messenger from connecting to the service. Please review your firewall settings.

Error code: 80048820"

i have tried turning off my firewall and allowing windows live messenger as an exception program to pass through the firewall but both doesnt work. i have also tried clicking on the "Automatically detect settings" under the "control panel ->internet options ->connections tab -> LAN settings" column. but it also doesnt work. and while troubleshooting, i might have changed some settings which now doesnt allow my iTunes store to connect to the internet also. i did not have all these problems before i upgraded my msn. i now also cant upgrade my flash player coz it saes im not connected to the internet even when i am already connected to my wireless and browsing the other web pages at the same time with no connection errors.

please help!

Thanks!! :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:02 PM

Before you went and changed all those settings did you google windows live messenger Error code: 80048820? Cause the first page I see has a list of things to try that won't mess up your TCP/IP settings.

Try resetting the TCP/IP stack: at a command prompt type netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt hit Enter and when the prompt reappears reboot your PC.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 CLaRaShiNe

CLaRaShiNe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 05:58 PM

hihi!

i've tried the method that you've put in and it works! but....after a few weeks, the problem occured again. this time, not with my msn but with my itunes store :thumbsup: i havent done any configuration after i upgraded my msn again and it cld log in. everything was remained the same... now my msn is able to work but my itunes store is unable to connect to the internet when i already am :flowers:

thanks for you help! (before and in advance too!) :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users