Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

add/remove programs

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 prefecter1

prefecter1

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 27 July 2005 - 05:58 AM

Hi , first time here , hope you can help .

I trade with a USA broker and need to download their new trading platform which i have done together with java, however , i need to uninstall their previous platform but i cant find it on add/remove programs, when i try and log on i still get the old tradingplatform which isnt any use now.
Is there anywhere else i can look on my comp to find this program and uninstall it , its so frustrating being told its in the add/remove section , and its not , any help would be greatly appreciated thank you .........prefecter1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2005 - 06:27 AM

Hello prefecter1 and welcome to BC.

In most cases its prudent to uninstall an older version before upgrading a program. Uninstall the new program and see if that allows you access to the previous program in Add/Remove.

What program is this and what is your operating system?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 prefecter1

prefecter1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2005 - 06:33 AM

thanks for reply Leurgy my system is windows me, i cant uninstall old program , because i cant find it its not in add/remove programs, ive uninstalled new program , but still cant see old progam anywhere.
The program is called jtrader and its a trading platform for the stockmarket, i have the old type 2 8 3 on my comp and meed 5 2 7 the new one to trade, but until i find where the old one is and uninstall it i cant use the new one , thanks again.

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2005 - 06:48 AM

I found the following while reading the installation instructions for jtrader that are here.

Before running J-Trader for the first time (All Users): Patsystems recommends the optimization of Java Run-Time parameters.

Close ALL Internet Explorer Windows.
Open the Windows Control Panel (Start -> Settings -> Control Panel)
Open the Java Plug-in.
In the dialogue box that opens, go to the Advanced tab.
In the Java Run-Time Parameters enter the following values:
-Xms256m Xmx256m
Check "Apply".
Close the Java Plug-in window.

Have you done that?

Failing that, try Add-Remove Pro. The old program may show up in there.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 prefecter1

prefecter1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:15 AM

Thanks again Leurgy, i have tried what you suggested but still no luck , i still get old version of jtrader coming up , so its obviously got to be uninstalled somehow , if i can find it ! lol , so frustrating , but appreciate your help , thanks again . :thumbsup:

#6 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:38 AM

Completing Install/Upgrade
Return to this website and select "Login Here".
Select "Always" if a Java security warning appears.
Accept the Pats license agreement if it appears.
Select "Yes" if a Patsystems security agreement appears.
Select "Install" if prompted to install the Patsystems J-Trader client.
If asked to create a new installation directory, select "Yes".
The blue J-Trader window should appear with loading text. Allow 15 sec - 1 min.
Login as normal.

Did you follow these install/Upgrade instructions?

Here is the link to contact them. It is worth a try. Sure can't hurt.

http://www.cis.cargill.com/trade/request.asp

Edit: They also have a toll free #
call us toll-free at 800-248-2646

Edited by Scarlett, 27 July 2005 - 08:42 AM.

Posted Image

#7 prefecter1

prefecter1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:48 AM

i did follow the instructions Scarlett , it seems that the old version of jtrader is on the comp and its conflicting , ive uninstalled java and jtrader 5 2 7 , and reinstalled following instructions , but the old version keeps coming up version 2 8 3 , cant find it to uninstall it , its not on add/remove, someone told me that not all programs are on on add/remove , but they didnt know how to remove them.

I just want to thank you for taking the time to post and try and help , its nice to get such a quick response from folks on here, packing computer up now tying some bricks to it and going to throw it in the river lol .
Thanks once again for your help.

#8 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 27 July 2005 - 09:52 AM

Is the program in your Start menu? Sometimes, there is an option to uninstall from there. Go Start -> Programs and find the program, then see if it has an uninstall feature or just the link to start the program.

#9 prefecter1

prefecter1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:18 AM

thanks herk , ive tried that and theres nothing like it there , i think ill have to give it up as a bad job , its really frustrating , just stuck now , thanks for reply though.

#10 randyrayd

randyrayd

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2005 - 11:02 AM

This may help. It helped my get rid of a program when nothing else would.

Windows installer cleanup utility

Randall

#11 prefecter1

prefecter1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:35 PM

thanks randall , i tried it but that didnt work either , thank you for taking trouble to post , cheers.

#12 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 27 July 2005 - 04:05 PM

Is the old program in your C:\Program Files folder?
If so, there might be an uninstaller in that folder.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users