Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Cannot Find"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nursebrendabe

nursebrendabe

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:31 PM

Almost 2 mths ago I signed on Mozilla Firefox to help get to a particular site. Also around that time, while signing on to Facebook, I selected an advertisement having to do with tattoos, to use on profile pages, and when signing on to Internet Explorer, the home page, Tattoodle would appear. Now also around this time I would always get this message: Cannot find: file:///C:/Documents% 20 and %20 Settings/brenda/Local%20 Settings/Temp/%7B1BB22D38-A411-4B13-A746-C2A4F4EC7344%7D/MTWBtoolbar.html'. Make sure the path o Internet address is correct. Please help before I do some more damaging things. I am not computer literate at all, I just know how to type. "SMH". ATT: I do eventually get to most of the selected sites, I just have to get this notice first and has cause some problems getting to some sites.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,759 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:58 PM

Hi, have you also recently remove some malware from this machine?
Is it an XP system?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 nursebrendabe

nursebrendabe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:54 PM

Not sure what malware is. Yes this is a Windows XP Home Edition. I did try to delete something, as stated in my first post, "Tadoodle"? Can u help?

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,759 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:35 PM

OK malware= short for malicious software = virus,trojans etc..

Any way I think you should be able to fix this by Re installing it then Un installl like this.
http://help.fastbrowsersearch.com/uninstall.aspx
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 syscorpsecure

syscorpsecure

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:54 PM

Clean out your temporary folders in these locations:

C:/Documents and Settings/brenda/Local Settings/Temp/
C:/Documents and Settings/brenda/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files
C:/Temp (if it exists)
C:/Windows/Temp
C:/Windows/Temp/Temporary Internet Files (if it exists)

You should not have any executable files (files with the letters 'exe' after the period in the filename) or dll files (files with 'dll' after the period in the filename) left hanging around in these folders. Also, look for a folder called 'Apps' in the following location:

C:/Documents and Settings/brenda/Local Settings/Application Data

If you find one, delete it and any subfolders it may have.

It looks like you might have inadvertently installed a toolbar for your web browser - in this case, a piece of software designed to spy on your web browsing habits and report information back to a website. The installation files have been deleted (hopefully by antivirus or spyware removal software) and now your computer is looking to reinstall it.

#6 nursebrendabe

nursebrendabe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:52 AM

:thumbsup:

Clean out your temporary folders in these locations:

C:/Documents and Settings/brenda/Local Settings/Temp/
C:/Documents and Settings/brenda/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files
C:/Temp (if it exists)
C:/Windows/Temp
C:/Windows/Temp/Temporary Internet Files (if it exists)

You should not have any executable files (files with the letters 'exe' after the period in the filename) or dll files (files with 'dll' after the period in the filename) left hanging around in these folders. Also, look for a folder called 'Apps' in the following location:

C:/Documents and Settings/brenda/Local Settings/Application Data

If you find one, delete it and any subfolders it may have.

It looks like you might have inadvertently installed a toolbar for your web browser - in this case, a piece of software designed to spy on your web browsing habits and report information back to a website. The installation files have been deleted (hopefully by antivirus or spyware removal software) and now your computer is looking to reinstall it.

Gee thanks, will try and let you know of outcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users