Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desperate Need of Help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kccool2

Kccool2

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:48 AM

Hey guys, just joined up and a warm hello to you all! :thumbsup: lol.

On a serious note though, my pc is so f*ed up. Basically, what happens is this.

Since getting the virus/malware, everytime i go to update anti-viruses/spy/adware removers, it won't let me. always get an error saying unable to update. Then, every web browser I use, won;t let me go to microsoft.com, and most anti-virus sites, as it will eiuther say "server not found" or it will redirect me to Ask.com search with results for microsoft.com etc..

Also, since getting this virusey thingy, I cannot format my pc from windows Cd, as it always comes up saying no hard drive found.. everytime! Also, I've tried booting from a perfectly made windows live CD, I got a BSOD.. Then from a perfectly made USB copy of windows, and again, BSOD..

This is the most savage virus I've ever had, and I can usually get rid of them myself and it's all fine. but this one has me pulling out my hair and I really don't know what to do anymore.

Here's hoping we can fix this!

Thanks so much guys, anything you need me to do, I'll do it. :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:36 AM

Hi :thumbsup:.

System manufacturer and model?

Do you have a Microsoft XP install CD...or do you have recovery/restore disks created by the system manufacturer?

You can boot into Windows normally?

You can boot into safe mode?

Have you considered the possibility that your hard drive may be the problem?

Is the system current with critical updates?

What version of IE is installed?

What anti-malware programs are installed on the system now?

Louis

#3 Kccool2

Kccool2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:40 AM

I am using a Dell XPS 600

Running Windows XP Pro SP2

I have the Windows XP Pro SP2 install CD. No recovery disks though, and no system restore points to boot lol!

I can boot in normally

Fully updated too.

I can boot in safe mode

My HDD has never been a problem until I got this virus

I don't use IE but the version is 8

I have MalwareBytes/Trojan remover/SUPERAnti-Spyware/CCleaner/Hijack This/SPybot S+D.

Edited by Kccool2, 29 September 2009 - 09:43 AM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:06 AM

Since you have an XP CD that matches the level of your system...I would suggest just doing a repair install of XP.

I suggest going into the Recovery Console of the XP CD...and seeing if it recognizes the current XP install.

If so, then I would try running the chkdsk /r command (space between k and /) on the install.

But...first, take a look at http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/1928...cs=19&s=dhs.

Louis

#5 Kccool2

Kccool2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:07 AM

Thatas the thing you see, when I put the CD in, and go to repair, it says the same thing " Hard drive not found".. Really confusing, as before I got this virus everything was fine. So that's not an option I'm afraid.. :'(

Edit: Sorry, I'm going to try that link now. :thumbsup: Thankyou very much!

Edited by Kccool2, 29 September 2009 - 10:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users