Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problem while uninstalling a program

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 prkrao

prkrao

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:42 AM

Hi friends..i ve got a prob. while uninstalling a program,,,whn i clicked uninstall the program..as usual a screen popped up with a msg 'uninstalling in progress' after 35% of it was uninstalled the window closed and the program wasnt uninstalled..i tried to do it again ..thn i got a msg saying that the program is being uninstalled and wait till its completed..but i ve waited for ages n its not uninstalled..i ve restarted and tried the same process..but of no use..
can someone help me out...thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:49 AM

Can you give us an idea what the program is?

Do you happen to know what "installer type" was used to install and now uninstall?
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#3 prkrao

prkrao
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:11 AM

[quote name='techextreme' date='Sep 29 2009, 07:49 AM' post='1442881'
Can you give us an idea what the program is?

Do you happen to know what "installer type" was used to install and now uninstall?
[/quote]

Hi techextreme, thanks for ur response..well..the program is a front end tool (SAP GUI) which i ve installed last week,,im unable to uninstall it..looks like the progem is running..
thanks n regards

#4 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:23 AM

5.2 Uninstalling the SAP Front End
Prerequisites
Make sure that SAP GUI for Windows 7.10 applications are not running at uninstall time. If an application is running during the uninstallation, the user is prompted to reboot afterwards.
Procedure
Choose Start  Settings  Control Panel  Add or Remove Programs.
A list of the installed applications appears.
Select SAP GUI 7.10.
Choose Remove.
Choose Next.
Result
SAP GUI for Windows 7.10 is uninstalled and a log file is generated.
To perform silent, unattended uninstallation, enter the following commands:
NWSAPSetup.exe /Product=<product name> /Silent /Uninstall for uninstalling a certain product, for example SAPGUI710
NWSAPSetup.exe /all /Silent /Uninstall for uninstalling all SAP components installed by SAPSetup without having to call specific command-lines for specific products
You find more information on this in section 5.5 Command Line Parameters.

I found this on the SAP website pertaining to SAP GUI frontend version 7.10 for Windows.

They also have information in regards to the SAP GUI for Java but I was unable to find any "uninstallation" information.

Hope this helps,
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#5 prkrao

prkrao
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:41 AM

5.2 Uninstalling the SAP Front End
Prerequisites
Make sure that SAP GUI for Windows 7.10 applications are not running at uninstall time. If an application is running during the uninstallation, the user is prompted to reboot afterwards.
Procedure
Choose Start  Settings  Control Panel  Add or Remove Programs.
A list of the installed applications appears.
Select SAP GUI 7.10.
Choose Remove.
Choose Next.
Result
SAP GUI for Windows 7.10 is uninstalled and a log file is generated.
To perform silent, unattended uninstallation, enter the following commands:
NWSAPSetup.exe /Product=<product name> /Silent /Uninstall for uninstalling a certain product, for example SAPGUI710
NWSAPSetup.exe /all /Silent /Uninstall for uninstalling all SAP components installed by SAPSetup without having to call specific command-lines for specific products
You find more information on this in section 5.5 Command Line Parameters.

I found this on the SAP website pertaining to SAP GUI frontend version 7.10 for Windows.

They also have information in regards to the SAP GUI for Java but I was unable to find any "uninstallation" information.

Hope this helps,

thanks a lot techextreme for ur effort..lemme try it..hopefully i ll be successful this time..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users