Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

will not let my antivirus create services it needs

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 tharunam

tharunam

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:33 AM

I have two sets of problems. When I install AVAST 4.8, once the pc is rebooted it will disable the resident scanner. The revolving ball symbol has a red circle at the left bottom. They asked me to the start the AVAST services but when I go to the services, there are no services for AVAST. I think something or some setting is stopping me from starting or creating services needed by my antivirus.

My second problem is that when I then try to install GDATA after completely uninstalling AVAST, it shows that my stystem has Kaspersky 2010, but I got rid of it a longtime ago and must have somewhere it resides. This antivius tries to create various services and it is not allowed or cannot create services it needs.

I ran and have the log for DDR.txt.

When I had AVAST installed without the resident scanner, I was able to do a full system scan and get rid of 3 virus but now I do not have antivirus as the resident scanning is not being able to be started.

Please help and tell me what my next steps should be..

Anxiously waiting for a reply.

Thanks...You guys are great for doing this.
:thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:32 AM

Although Kaspersky 2010 is not in the list of products that this has the ability to remove, it is possible that this may help you with your installation issues.

The program is called Appremover. I have used this in the past to remove remnants of old antivirus programs and help with similar issues as what you are experiencing now.

Hope this helps,
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#3 tharunam

tharunam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:33 AM

I download and tried appremover.exe but application just sits there and does not do anything. I get a white blank space.

Thanks for your thoughts.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,556 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:36 AM

You can also run. Avast Uninstall Utility (aswClear.exe)

The software removes all traces of Avast 4.xx and can uninstall the software even when the cancellation by the Windows Control Panel fails:

Avast Uninstall Utility: awsClear.exe
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:56 AM

I also found a removal tool for Kaspersky products here.

Hope this helps,
Techextreme

-- Seneca

#6 tharunam

tharunam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:37 AM

You can also run. Avast Uninstall Utility (aswClear.exe)

The software removes all traces of Avast 4.xx and can uninstall the software even when the cancellation by the Windows Control Panel fails:

Avast Uninstall Utility: awsClear.exe

I have already tried this and it still has a problem with getting the resident scanning to work. I mean protecting my system all the time.

By the way do you know of any tools to completely remove ESET nod32 version 4XX?

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me, I appreciate it.
:thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet:

#7 tharunam

tharunam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:39 AM

I also found a removal tool for Kaspersky products here.

Hope this helps,

This site was useful, as I was able to accomplish getting rid of kaspersky from the DOS side as windows did not find it.

Do you know of any good software to get rid of ESET NOD32 4.XX as I also had it installed and some parts are still remaining.

I appreciate your taking the time to help.
:thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet:

#8 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:41 PM

The ESET Removal tool can be found here.

Hope this helps,
Techextreme

-- Seneca

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,556 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:48 PM

If there is no uninstaller in Control Panel or All Programs under Eset .. or it fails then the official removal tool for cases when uninstallation fails is provided by Microsoft.
Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

or use Use Revo Uninstaller:

1.Please download Revo Uninstaller.
2.Extract the ZIP file to a folder and run revouninstaller.exe from there! (You can copy that folder to an USB Mass storage drive and use it without any installation required!)
3.There are two ways to uninstall programs with Revo Uninstaller:
Important: Please, try to close the application you want to uninstall first!
Select the application in the list of installed applications and press the Uninstall button in the toolbar.
Right-click the application and click the Uninstall command in the displayed menu. Follow the instructions.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#10 tharunam

tharunam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:47 PM

If there is no uninstaller in Control Panel or All Programs under Eset .. or it fails then the official removal tool for cases when uninstallation fails is provided by Microsoft.
Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

or use Use Revo Uninstaller:

1.Please download Revo Uninstaller.
2.Extract the ZIP file to a folder and run revouninstaller.exe from there! (You can copy that folder to an USB Mass storage drive and use it without any installation required!)
3.There are two ways to uninstall programs with Revo Uninstaller:
Important: Please, try to close the application you want to uninstall first!
Select the application in the list of installed applications and press the Uninstall button in the toolbar.
Right-click the application and click the Uninstall command in the displayed menu. Follow the instructions.

Thanks I did have revouninstaller and used it ..The strange thing is that windows security center is reporting that I have eset nod32 antivirus and it is on but the reality is that I DO NOT have any kind of antivirus at this point. I am baffelled as to why windows security center is reporting that I have eset nod32 antivirus.. I am going crazy trying to get rid of any remains of eset nod32 but I don't have it. The uninstaller from nod32 tell me in Dutch that I do not have eset nod32 on my computer.

Please help....

I appreciate your help so far.

Keep up the great work you folks are doing.
:thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove: :huh:

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,556 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:18 PM

After some reading I think it is a notification that Windows Security Center can no longer correctly monitor your ESET security product.

I think you can fix that proble by doing this from ESET.
http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN367

#12 tharunam

tharunam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:08 PM

After some reading I think it is a notification that Windows Security Center can no longer correctly monitor your ESET security product.

I think you can fix that proble by doing this from ESET.
http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN367

Mine is the opposite problem from the one in the article but the actions given should work for me as well.

This was brilliant piece of detective work on your part. I am very impressed.

I will give it a try once my computer is done with sdfix...

Thanks for your help.
:thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove: :huh: :huh: B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users