Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Windows Update

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:53 AM

IF you go to WindowsUpdate you'll notice that it will ask you to upgrade to a new version. This new version does nothing but check to make sure you have an "authenticate" version of Windows.

However, I think this is glitchy. I have a legal version of Windows that has passed the "Genuine" test when making downloads from Microsoft in there downloads section. However WindowsUpdate isn't authenticating my version of Windows, it says "Problem with Internet Connection." I've disabled my Anti-Virus and Firewall and still the same thing.

Just seeing if anyone else has seen this new "Genuine" thing and to see if anyone else is having this problem.

Validation Not Completed: Internet Connection Problem[0x80080203] 

Why did it not validate?
It appears that your internet connection is having problems.
We hope that you'll return later to retry the validation process so that you may enjoy the full benefits of genuine Microsoft software.

EDIT: I just tried this on the family computer in the living room, and its validates it. I'm not sure what the bleep is wrong with my Internet Explorer.

Edited by yanowhiz, 27 July 2005 - 07:16 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lanscader

Lanscader

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 27 July 2005 - 09:05 AM

Depending on how they authenticate the stuff, there may be someone using an illegal copy with properties similar to yours. If they beat you to the, there might be problems...

I know this happend with illegal games, but Microsoft should be smarter than that...or are they?

EDIT: I think the new update also makes the update run faster. That's all I noticed.

Edited by Lanscader, 27 July 2005 - 09:07 AM.

"Sir Lord Baron von Vader-han?" ~ Eddie Izzard

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2005 - 09:10 AM

Hmm... not sure. I've made IE the most vulnerable I could, by allowing everytime of ActiveX, I've even did a start-up with nothing running in the background to make sure nothing would interfere.

I'm not sure why its only doing it to me, I've even ran it as "Administrator" on my computer, yet my computer is the only one in the house that doesn't work. :thumbsup:

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2005 - 09:11 AM

EDIT: I just tried this on the family computer in the living room, and its validates it. I'm not sure what the bleep is wrong with my Internet Explorer.

This is the fact, that needs to be addressed.
It is strange though, I have yet to be asked to validate my windows.

And I can not find anything concerning Validation Not Completed: Internet Connection Problem[0x80080203]

I had a problem signing in to Hotmail once. All of a sudden. It was wierd. So I put MSN into my trusted sites. And (I think) I also allowed the cookie in Spybot. Then everything was fine. Don't know if this will be of any help to you.

Have you tried again?

Edited by Scarlett, 27 July 2005 - 09:49 AM.

Posted Image

#5 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:33 PM

I added http://*.microsoft.com/ to the trusted sites, and tried it and still no luck.

If I really cared about Windows Updates I'd uinstalled almost everything off my computer and then try it.

EDIT: I just uninstalled SpywareGuard, SpywareBlaster, Spybot, Ad-Aware, SpySweeper, and Microsoft Anti-Spyware, and tried it again and still no luck. I've also changed IE settings to allow any type of cookie from any and all websites.

Edited by yanowhiz, 27 July 2005 - 01:56 PM.

#6 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2005 - 02:26 AM

I went to MS's chat tghing where people can post about problems. Someone had a similar problem and they said something about disable the verification, until they fix it.

#7 Pokat

Pokat

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2005 - 11:31 AM

I dont know if you have fixed your update problem or not but I found that if your time/date are not correct it will cause a syc error with the microsoft servers and you will get this error..

Once I fixed my time/date and time zone <know idea how they got off> <Y2.5K maybe? :thumbsup: > and ran windows update again it all worked ...

#8 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2005 - 02:50 PM

I don't have this problem any more. Like I said, in the forums they said to disable it until they can update it, and fix it. (because its rather easy to disable), and because they want to "integrate" in into IE# so it can't be disabled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users