Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to enter windows

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fwooshers

fwooshers

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:38 PM

Hello, BleepingComputer!

I have an ACER PC running on Windows XP Home, SP2 if im not wrong and I think it can't enter windows due to a virus named NoeNoeJetma.vbs.

I've been getting an error message on Windows Script Host saying something like, Unable to find the script for NoeNoeJetma.vbs but I thought its harmless since it didn't do anything to my PC.

However, today my PC was unable to enter Windows. It would restart itself halfway when the Windows XP Loading bar is loading.

Starting Windows with last known good configuration is not working.

Able to enter safe mode though.

Switch it on again about 4hours later. It managed to get into that Windows Disk Check thing (that screen that usually comes up when you do a forced shutdown or something, not really good with specific tech terms, sorry x.x). When running the Disk Check till about 20%.. Auto-restart again, except this time it can't get past the Windows XP loading screen.

Any solution to fixing my comp without doing a reformat?

ETA: Blue screen shows up once i disable auto-restart, the error message is like STOP : 0x0000007E (0xc0000005, 0x00541065, 0xA8383CB4, 0xA83839B0)

Also, sorry if i posted it in the wrong section, I'm not sure where this should go since im not sure if its due to a virus infection

Edited by fwooshers, 29 September 2009 - 12:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:21 AM

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

I would guess that...since you are able to boot into safe mode, it's a driver problem.

NoeNoeJetma.vbs...seems to possibly be some kind of malware item, I didn't really come across anything conclusive (although various persons refer to it as a virus).

Sometimes...when a malware item has been removed/cleaned...there remains a startup item pertaining to it. In which case, an error message similar to the one you quote might be received.

I suggest using a tool like AutoRuns for Windows - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx to see if this might be the case with your system. You are only interested in the startup items appearing on the Logon tab, do not stray to any other tabs of Autoruns.

Let us know how it goes :thumbsup:.

Louis

#3 fwooshers

fwooshers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:44 AM

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

I would guess that...since you are able to boot into safe mode, it's a driver problem.

NoeNoeJetma.vbs...seems to possibly be some kind of malware item, I didn't really come across anything conclusive (although various persons refer to it as a virus).

Sometimes...when a malware item has been removed/cleaned...there remains a startup item pertaining to it. In which case, an error message similar to the one you quote might be received.

I suggest using a tool like AutoRuns for Windows - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx to see if this might be the case with your system. You are only interested in the startup items appearing on the Logon tab, do not stray to any other tabs of Autoruns.

Let us know how it goes :flowers:.

Louis

For the noenoejetma.vbs thing... I'm very sure its a virus. I was researching it up abit on google and found it on a forum...Though I couldn't find anything that could help me remove it.

Also,
This will probably take awhile, because my other computer is currently infected with a virus that disallows me to get into microsoft >:thumbsup:
(http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/261032/virused-laptop-not-sure-need-adviceassistance/)

Edited by fwooshers, 30 September 2009 - 01:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users