Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

STOP: C0000135 USER32.DLL

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rraa497

rraa497

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:19 PM

I have a Dell Dimension 3000 and am running Windows XP. I had ran Malwarebytes and accidently removed the user32.dll file, I think? I have the recovery disk but I can't the file to copy over to my computer. What is the exact way to do this? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:43 PM

Start computer in Recover Console as follows:
1. Make sure CDROM is your first boot device in the system BIOS. You can enter BIOS by pressing DEL, F1, F2 etc when computer boots up. A message would be shown like Press Del to enter BIOS etc. IN the BIOS select First Boot Device to CDROM and Second Boot Device to HDD. Save settings.
2. Place Windows XP CDROM in your CDROM drive and start your computer. You would soon see a message Press any key to boot from CD.... Press any key and let Windows Setup load.
3. When the setup pauses it would read Press R to enter Recovery Console. DO so and you are in recovery console.
4. Choose Windows installation by pressing 1 or any other number show in list. In most cases just press 1 and press Enter. Then enter the administrator password. This would drop you at Recovery Console.

In the Recovery Console type following and press Enter after each line :
CD System32
REN user32.dll user32.old
expand D:\i386\user32.dl_ C:\Windows\System32\user32.dll
EXIT

Note : Here we assume that your CDRom drive letter is D: and your Windows folder is C:\Windows. You need to change them accordingly.

Edited by Romeo29, 28 September 2009 - 10:44 PM.

#3 rraa497

rraa497
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:23 PM

Yes, my CD drive is d: and my windows folder is c:\windows

Heres what I got. When i typed:
ren user32.dll user32.old
it says "The system cannot find the file or directory specified."

Then I tried to type:
expand d:\i386\user32.dl_ c:\windows\system32\user32.dll
it says "Unable to create file user32.dll." 0 file(s) expanded

What's next?

Edited by rraa497, 29 September 2009 - 08:24 PM.

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:16 AM

Try running chkdsk /R before you run the commands shown in last post. It may be possible that your disk's file structure is not healthy.

If that doesnt work, from within Recovery Console type this command:
copy c:\windows\system32\dllcache\user32.dll c:\windows\system32

Edited by Romeo29, 30 September 2009 - 06:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users