Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost all iTunes Files on PC

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JNW

JNW

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:29 PM

Recently I lost all music files and my iTunes info. :thumbsup: Clicking on the iTunes icon simply brings up a new registration like you are setting it up for the first time. This may or may not have been part of a major virus and rootkit problem that I just went through which bleepingcomputer.com fixed.

Can I just simply set up a new account and sync it with my iPod? I don't want to risk losing all my music and aps on my iPod. I guess this would like setting up iTunes on a new computer.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JNW

JNW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:36 PM

All Files have been found. Please disregard. Thanks

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,213 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:45 PM

Hi thanks for letting us know. Where were they in case someone else needs to find theirs?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 JNW

JNW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:50 AM

I found all the photos, music and docs in a new Admin folder on my harddrive. I don't know how or why Windows reconfigured these files. However, I did have to set up a new iTunes account and then add the folders for music and app's.

#5 valianthunter

valianthunter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

Can you help me? I have lost my playlist and don't know where to look for Admin folder.

#6 A. Gillenormand

A. Gillenormand

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:01 AM

Can you help me? I have lost my playlist and don't know where to look for Admin folder.

Did you lose only a playlist, or did you lose music, videos, and whatnot? (I'm not sure I personally can help you with the former, though someone might be able to. I might be able to help you with the latter, if more information is to be had.)

#7 valianthunter

valianthunter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:14 PM

Here is what has happened in the last 4 days. System slow. took off expired Webroot and then did an Avira scan and took it off as well. Downloaded AVG and AVG's pc tune-up.

When I went to charge my son's shuffle yesterday I got the following box:
The iPod is synced with another iTunes library. Do you want to erase this iPod and sync
with this iTunes library?
An iPod can be synced with only one iTunes at a time. Erasing and syncing replace
the contents of this iPod with the contents of this iTunes library.
Erase and Sync Cancel

I chose the erase and sync. Then everything was gone! I spoke with Apple, they said that it could have been due to the AVG. I contended that that music had to be somewhere. He couldn't help me and I've looked as far as my limited abilities (I'm not very computer literate) will allow.

#8 valianthunter

valianthunter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:57 AM

anyone?

#9 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:03 AM

press ÿ and f and that will bring up the search. type in *.mp3 and it will find them if they are there.

Edited by thrillhouse, 28 January 2011 - 03:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users