Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to log in

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Firecrest

Firecrest

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:28 PM

When i try to log in to one certain forums site i have two usernames to choose from. One beginning with a capital letter ( which is the one i log in with ) and the same name but starting with a small ( lower case ) letter. I don't know why two come up, my fault no doubt. Anyway, when i highlight the name with the capital letter. as soon as i try to log in it changes to the lower case one. No matter how many times i re-click and highlight the upper case name it still changes back to the lower case one. It then kindly informs me i have used an invalid username or password, how helpful of it! The cure at the moment is a house brick through the monitor so if anyone has a better solution, please advize. Thank you for your help in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:03 AM

Did you set up this

Posted Image

which leads to this and you are seeing both user names here:

Posted Image

The only way I know of to delete both entries is to use Internet Option/General Tab.
Under Browsing History, click Delete. When the delete options opens, make sure Passwords is checked.
If you don't want to delete anything else, uncheck them.
Click Delete. This will get rid of both name entries and will allow you to reset Auto-Complete the next time you sign in.

(this is for XP, I don't know if this is the same or similar for Vista).

#3 Firecrest

Firecrest
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:12 PM

Queen-Evie, thanks for the help. I got as far as the browser history tab, but i don't have the option to delete only one password. I don't want to do that as it means having to enter them all again when there is only a problem with one although if that's my only option, then i'll have to, no major drama really. Do you have any ideas before i hit the " Delete All " button? Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:35 PM

post deleted. I posted a possible solution as suggested after doing a search, but neglected to try the solution first. When I did try, it did not work.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 29 September 2009 - 02:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users