Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Arctic Cooling NV Silenver 5

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lanscader

Lanscader

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 26 July 2005 - 10:23 PM

I recently got this cooler, and it works great (very quiet) but it doesn't seem to blow much air out the back. When I put my hand under the fan (in the case), I feel it blowing air around in there. It does keep my card cool, though not as cool as the stock fan. I was just wondering If I need to do something else so it will blow more out the back and less around the case.

The fan is one of those sideways blowing fans, and right now it spins so that the leading side is the convex side, kinda squeezing the air against the sides until it reaches the outlet.

"Sir Lord Baron von Vader-han?" ~ Eddie Izzard

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 26 July 2005 - 11:00 PM

Dear Lan,

Most good cases will vent air out appropriately, so I would not worry about roaming case air.

Do you have the Arctic fan plugged into a "fan only" power plug or regular plug?

I don't use the "fan only" plugs! Try plugging into a regular power plug.

Also, I use the Vantec Fan Card in all of my computers. It is a little noisy but it pushes tremendous amounts of air. Put that one space from vid card and you will be satisfied. It has the "Junkdk Seal of Approval"! :thumbsup:

Antec makes a cool fan card as well but does not push the air like the Vantec.

Let us know,

junkdk :flowers:
Your Hardware Guide.

#3 Lanscader

Lanscader
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 26 July 2005 - 11:19 PM

Well, noise is my biggest concern, and my fan is keeping the card from melting down (I don't overclock, nor do I know how...). I have the can plugged into the can plug that was on the Vid card. I'm not sure if I have any more free plugs coming out of my PSU... I'll see about that, maybe change something.

"Sir Lord Baron von Vader-han?" ~ Eddie Izzard

#4 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 26 July 2005 - 11:36 PM

Dear Lan,

Yeah, I "hear" that is the big concern now. :thumbsup:

If you play any of the new games you have to cool your vid card and the vid card should get it's own power plug.

Meaning. The hard drives/vid card use the most power when they need and it changes depending.

I tend to use one line of plugs for the hard drives and another for fans/vid card. My two plug line (SATA) is for my hard drives only. Three plug line has my fans and video card.

If you wanted to play your games and have a quiet computer I would recommend liquid cooling. Also, Antec just put out a case that is insulated and just plain awesome. Check it out.

Let us know,

junkdk :flowers:
Your Hardware Guide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users