Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Brand New computer sludgy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 IDSECT

IDSECT

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 01:24 PM

I just bought a brand new profesional audio computer running XP professional. Worked fine when I first booted up. So, I install my two older prof audio PCI cards and the computer obviously didn't like the architecture or something because the PC started running REALLY slow. Like 10 minutes to boot up. Moving the mouse is so slow that the cursor skips. Just pressing "start" in the lower left corner takes a minute. So, I removed the PCI cards and the computer is still running like this. The 2 PCI slots are 5V and so are the cards. When I installed them, I was grounded and did not force the cards in or dislodge any cables. The bios works quickly at start up. I've checked the PC health in the BIOS and everything looks good. Core temp of 35-40 C. I did a system restore in Windows (which took forever to even boot up in safe mode) to the day the computer shipped, and no luck.
Here's the setup:
Gigabyte EG45M-UD2H with G45 chipset with 2 DIMM mobo
Intel Q9550 Quad Core @ 2.8GHz, 1333Mhz FSB, 12M L2 cache
3 Seagate HDs (2 are 1TB and 1 is 500GB SataII perpendicular)
2 DDR2 2G 800 CL4/128X8
Coolermaster 550W 17DB 6 sata power supply
Gemini II S fan

The keyboard/mouse are wireless USB, but i tried another wired set, too in case there was some weirdness there. No avail. What's going on here? The cards couldn't have fried the processor, right? They were the right voltage, etc. The cards are Creamware Pulsar I and a Creamware Luna II. They are a few years old (6 or 7). I'd really like to figure out what is going on, before I ship this thing back.
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 01:50 PM

Did you remove the cards to see it that was it?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 IDSECT

IDSECT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:06 PM

yes. i removed the cards. it still acts the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users