Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PF usage very high

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rsd79

rsd79

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:29 PM

My pf usage gets to over 1GB too quickly. At the moment, firefox is only using 87mb and my pf usage is over 500mb. I know that FF is a big memory hog so it can't be the issue and I really don't think I need more ram. Although, I am willing to purchase some for the right price and quality.
Dustin Penner is the new Jaromir Jagr.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:51 PM

PF Usage parameter shown in Task Manager is not the PF currently being used but it is the size of memory that can be committed to PF in case Windows decides to use PF. Even if you disable PF in settings, Task Manager continues to show PF Usage. To know how much RAM is being used look in Physical Memory section of Task Manager.

#3 rsd79

rsd79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:59 PM

Physical Memory
Total 1047020
available 289292
System cache 268104