Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connection Issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OmegamB

OmegamB

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:37 AM

So for the past few years I've had problems with my Belkin wireless router. It has 128 bit WEP security enabled. When ever I tried to connect I would always get limited or no connectivity. After disabling all the security, it now works perfectly. Does anyone know what's going on?

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:29 PM

If it doesn't work with the security on but does work when its off, there is something wrong with your security. Try changing to WPA or WPA2.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 VICTORNOUS

VICTORNOUS

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:14 AM

As an option, U can also Try MAC filter, its more secure to work use.

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:55 AM

Actually MAC filtering is no more secure then WEP, possibly less. MACs can be cloned and WEP has been broken for quit a long time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users