Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win32:Spyware-gen (trj)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 melodyjamowa

melodyjamowa

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:28 AM

Hello,
I am using Avast Pro Edition on Dell desktop with Win XP. Avast is set to update dat files automatically, so I believe I have the latest editions 090926. On 092709 PC was infected with Win32:Spyware-gen (trj) in the A0198811.dll file. I know this because when I attempted an Avast virus check a warning came up and said to reboot PC and run book time scan. I ran the boot scan, however at the end of the scan the PC froze on the instructions to press a key to delete/move this virus etc.

So I had to turn off the PC and then I started it in safe mode. I also started another Avast thorough virus scan in safe mode that has been running for 18 hrs....very slowly. Should I stop this slow scan? Start it again in normal mode? Try another boot scan? How do I start a boot scan?

I updated and ran Malwarebytes and it didn't detect a virus. I also have Spybot that runs in the background, but haven't run a scan with it yet. How can I best remove this virus?

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:48 PM

Scan times depend on many things as to how long they take.. Number of files to scan to number of malwares to remove.

Boot scan
Right click the avast icon, select Start avast! Antivirus, a memory scan will take place followed by the opening of the Simple User Interface, Menu, 'Schedule boot-time scan.
Further info Boot time Avast Antivirus Scanning
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users