Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What computer should i get or should i jus try and build?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 travis161

travis161

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:15 AM

I am looking to get a computer for college as i will be starting in january and i do not have one at the moment.

I am looking for a computer for school work. Also i like to make dvds and cd so i need a good amount of hardrive space. In addition i would like it to play games but this is not a big focus of mine

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 IrishGrimReaper

IrishGrimReaper

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:30 AM

Building it yourself is always cheaper.

What is your budget to go on? And where are you located, America?
|~|i7 920-D0@3.9Ghz|~|Noctua NH-U12P|~|P6T Deluxe V2|~|OcZ 3x2GB DDR3 1600Mhz|~|PNY GTX 275 898MB|~|Enermax Rev85+ 850 Watt|~|Xonar Dx 7.1|~|Lian Li P80|~|Samsung T220|~|G9|~|G11|~|Intel SSD X25M:G2-80GB|~|Windows 7 Home Premium 64|~|SteelSeries Siberia White|~|

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:37 AM

Depending on where you are going to school...you may find a laptop more desireable than a desktop. The easy way to find out which would be best...ask current students, both in your chosen field and out of it (chances are you won't be taking much in your field the first year).

Bulletins and admissions offices usually are a convenient source of info re such (also).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users