Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Using Webcam crashes FireFox

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_SteinPooch_*

Guest_SteinPooch_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:47 AM

Okay, so I have the latest version of FireFox running on XP SP3. Whenever I try to, let's say, use YouTubes record from webcam option, it crashes firefox. I don't know what to do. It's a minor inconvinence, but still, an inconvinience. Thanks!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 b00kwyrm

b00kwyrm

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:19 AM

Do you have the same issues with an alternate browser (Opera, IE, etc)?

If you would attach some of your most recent BSOD minidumps to your next post, I might be able to learn something helpful for you in that way.

edited to correct browers to browser... dyslexic today I guess.
(or whatever the equivalent term would be for keyboarding.... (sloppy?))

Edited by b00kwyrm, 28 September 2009 - 10:59 AM.

#3 Guest_SteinPooch_*

Guest_SteinPooch_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:39 AM

No, I don't get bsod. It just makes firefox crash, like, close itself and tell me that it crashed. And no, I have not tried this on other browsers. I only have ie eight and firefox.

#4 b00kwyrm

b00kwyrm

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:53 PM

Sorry, misunderstood.
In that case, event viewer can be used to discover the culprit.

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

Pay attention especially to posts one and two. Later posts start dealing with the bsods.

Points 5&6 in the first post will help you to isolate the information needed to resolve your issue.
The "information" events may be filtered out using the "view" drop-down.
That way you wont' need to scroll through so much information to find the applicable event.

When you find some events that relate to the crash of Firefox, post that information
if you need more help,
and someone will be able to help you from there.

HTH

#5 Guest_SteinPooch_*

Guest_SteinPooch_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:17 AM

Thanks!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users