Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Turn off Monitor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xplosive1

xplosive1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:50 AM

Hi guys, I have an HP X16 laptop. I want to take it to school, and save the battery life as I do not sit by an electrical socket. Anyhow, my question is: Is there a way to manually turn off the monitor/display while the prof is talking for a few mins?

I know if I walk away from the computer for a little while, the monitor is off, when I come back and press a button or touch the mouse/touchpad the monitor comes back on. I want to know if I can do that manually.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PlyPencil

PlyPencil

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:50 PM

Right click on the desktop, Click Personalize -> Screen Saver -> Change Power Settings -> Click Power Saver, then click Change Plan Settings below that. Change Turn off display to 1 min. This way if you leave it for 1 minute the computer will switch off the display.

#3 xplosive1

xplosive1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:35 PM

Right click on the desktop, Click Personalize -> Screen Saver -> Change Power Settings -> Click Power Saver, then click Change Plan Settings below that. Change Turn off display to 1 min. This way if you leave it for 1 minute the computer will switch off the display.

I actually did that today, I was just curious if there was a way to do it manually whenever you want. Otherwise the 1 min will do just fine

#4 RTCTech1

RTCTech1

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:18 PM

Try this, download Shutter( http://www.den4b.com/downloads.php?project=Shutter )
and at General tab click on Create Links To All Shutdown Actions.
Then place all icons to desktop and keep only the Turn off monitor button.
Post Back!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users