Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thank You

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 andreams

andreams

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 01:13 AM

I just want to say "Thank You" to Bleeping Computer.
Thanks to your website I was able to clean my computer from that malicious virus "Total Security. I don't know what I would
have done with out you. I have Mcfee which is a JOKE!!!!! I called them to tell them I had this malicious virus and they wanted to charge me, $89.99 for tech support over the phone. Mind you I've been paying $60-$80 a year for virus protection. What I don't understand why do
we spend all this money on these virus protection programs when they can't detect these malicious viruses?
Again Thank You for your support!!! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cod head

cod head

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:01 AM

I am glad the Bleeping Computer team could assist you and you have got your computer sorted.Plenty of good free av's out there.Avast and Avira spring to mind as free alternatives.And no I do not work for either lol.

EDIT: Moved to more appropriate forum

Edited by garmanma, 28 September 2009 - 11:09 AM.

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:14 AM

I, too, am glad that BC was of service. Also, Avast is a superior security program. I use it on every computer I own (that runs Windows) and have been infection free for several years. Avast Home is free for non-commercial use. They also offer a paid version that has some extra features like scheduled scans. And no, I don't work for them either! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users