Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard Drive Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sammee4

sammee4

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:59 AM

Hi everyone I am so in need of some advice I am ready to kill the puter. My friends Hard drive needed to be replaced so I offered to do it. She has an old Mobo with IDE connectors and no one wants to sell them anymore as i found out with my own, So I bought a SATA HD and a IDE/SATA converter which is on my pc and had no trouble installing. I did exactly the same thing to hers but it isnt being detected in bios therefor I am unable to install an operating system. I have checked all the cables and connectors and they are all ok. Could the Mobo be having issues as well? Thank you to anyone who as some ideas or advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mich1

Mich1

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:50 PM

Try updating the bios for the motherboard. Go to the mobo's manufacturer site and search for a bios update.
Why the Sony PS3 is a budget bluray player that can save you money
Click here for details --> Pcgeekonline.com

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:03 PM

You can't find an IDE HDD???? To fix the current problem a bios update may work. What is the make and model of motherboard we are dealing with here?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users