Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser crashes-- IE, Firefox & Chrome

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jarhead83

Jarhead83

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:07 PM

Wow... Where to start?

Recently, Firefox became a crash machine with constant crashes. Sometimes simply moving from page to page, sometimes locking up when nothing is happening. I prefer Firefox, but the crashes became so bad, I started using IE 8 and guess what? That browser will only stay up moments if it comes up at all. Finally, I went to Chrome and same deal there; it crashes suddenly upon start up on moments after. Firefox seem to be the most stable, but you never know when it's going to crash or freeze up.

On top of these issues, I've always used Malware Bytes anti-malware, but when the above issues began, it quit finding anything. Furthermore, I was running Adaware and it always found a cookie or two. When I began using the trial version ESET Node 32 anti-virus V4.0, I had to uninstall Adaware. Now when I try to re-install Adaware, the file is corrupted. Also, now that my trial is up for ESET, I have tried to download AVG and it errors during the installation process.

Sounds like I've got a good one...

Suggestions greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jarhead83

Jarhead83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:22 PM

Bumperoo...

Anyone?

#3 gully786

gully786

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:28 PM

Got to be patient m8, i done exactly what you did when i started. They put me at the back of the queue with good cause until then

Try downloading and installing Malwarebytes update it

boot in safe mode

run full scan

and keep the log incase some1 here wants 2 have a look

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not an advisor, my suggestions may be irrelevent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users