Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HTC Hero vs. Iphone

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jake williamson

jake williamson

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 27 September 2009 - 05:50 PM

i am stuck between the HTC Hero that is coming out for cellular south or the iphone. i currently have cell south and need a new phone i want the iphone but i wanted to make sure that i am making the right choice. what do are the pros and cons of both phone and witch would you get.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PcProbs

PcProbs

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:01 PM

Honestly i dont know too much about the HTC but i do have an iphone and let me tell you, it is the greatest thing ever. Its touch screen is the best i have ever used and it can literally do everything, plsu when you need it fixed you can just go to an apple store and they will make sure they fix it for you so the support is awesome. So i would probably have to say go with the iphone just because it has so much functionality and a great waranty

#3 ChrisMN

ChrisMN

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:36 AM

HTC is a good phone, Iphone also is a GREAT device. But I would never use an Iphone since its exclusive to AT&T and their 3G coverage sucks compared to Verizon.

#4 youserbase

youserbase

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:14 AM

Would go for HTC. I've heard alot of bad feedback regarding iphone. IMO.

Posted Image

Technology expert and member of youserbase, the technology wiki

#5 damedic

damedic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:03 AM

So, hey Jake,

What'd you get?

:blink:
IBM Desktop, w/Intel Pentium 4 HyperThreading - 3000 MhZ, XP Pro SP3, 512 DDR, 80GB Hard Drive

By Author Unknown

"Life was so much easier when your clothes didn't match and girls had cooties!"

#6 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:03 AM

I vote Iphone

#7 avidlearner

avidlearner

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:46 AM

Hi Jake,

Just one thing to help seeing as you have not posted to say which you have got...

The HTC Hero and the iPhone are the only phones currently available that do not use a pressure sensitive screen. As far as touch screen phones are concerned this is a massive advantage in that you get hardly any accidental "pocket calls".

HTC have attempted to incorporate many features that are more or less unique to this phone but you are left wondering whether they will catch on. The iPhone has the applications, many of which cost more money and the support that is second to none. So you are left with a simple choice:-
If you want the features in the phone that come as standard, don't want to be tied into ridiculous contracts and will use the phone for the next 2 or 3 years then HTC.
If you want to expand the phone and make it part of your life and not just a mobile telephone, irrespective of contract length and type then the Apple.

Just my thoughts having tested both...

#8 shogun697

shogun697

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:05 PM

I have the htc hero which is a great phone.would I recomend it over a Iphone? yes if your willing to put up with the learning curve.If my sister who is not much of a tech person asked me which one to get I would tell her get the I phone which is far more user friendly.

#9 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:23 AM

My answer...

You guys in America should wait just a little while for the HTC HD2. I have one now (in Europe) and it's quite simply brilliant. On paper it's much better than the iphone - though I've never really used the iphone so I can't say for certain.

Yes Windows Mobile 6.5 isn't the greatest but it's customizable and HTC do a good job with HTC Sense to improve the UI. Also, remember that Windows Mobile 7 is due out this year and the hype is that it is going to be the savior of the WM platform.

The HD2 has a capacitive screen (the same as the iphone - though much bigger 4.3" v 3.5") and support multi-touch. It has a 1GHz processor with 576MB RAM and you lucky American boys and girls will get a whooping 1GB ROM.

Only thing is I think you guys will have it locked to just the T-Mobile network...

Casey

P.S. I don't work for HTC lol I just really like this device :blink: Here's a fairly decent review: http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/HTC-HD2-an...iew-r_2329.html

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Am I Infected? * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *

#10 GalvinBrown

GalvinBrown

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2010 - 04:09 AM

I think you would go for HTC.Those are with cool features.So many of my friends have the phones of HTC,and they are working really great.That is the main reason for choosing HTC.

#11 shogun697

shogun697

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:46 PM

Had one are two small problems with my HTC hero and have to say there surport site is the best i have come across.Emails answered by them within a few hours.Phone calls were answered within a min

#12 I.hate.viruses

I.hate.viruses

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:14 PM

I have had the Droid and am going to get the Nexus One in 10 days as soon as it comes it. The I3 is a great phone, but lacks the staying power, speed and flexibility of the new Droid phones. Open architecture is the future and will enable your phone to remain current with new software and creative applications from Dev.s. While HTC is top-shelf, the Nexus one is simply "incredible." 3.7 inch, AMOLED screen, 1 GHZ SnapDragon processor, and the list goes on. Here is what I just found from an IPhone owner about his decision to switch to the Nexus One "It's faster, It has better resolution and possibilities are endless on this phone. I felt confined on the iphone. no multitasking, minimal customization and I forced to use annoying apple software (itunes) I will never buy another iphone!!!" Plus, do you really want a phone where the manufacture (Apple) controls everything with an iron fist. Finally, you can get an unlocked version right now, or a Verizon compatible on the 24th. And also have no affiliation with the cell phone industry.

Edited by I.hate.viruses, 13 March 2010 - 11:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users