Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen of death issue!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cordero

Cordero

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 27 September 2009 - 05:01 PM

Ok I'm running on vista. I had a power surge and since then I've been receiving the bsod. I have no cle on how to fix this. Please someone help me fix this very annoying problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_SteinPooch_*

Guest_SteinPooch_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:12 AM

Okay, so you said you had a power surge? Were youshutting down the computer when the surge happened? I need to know EXACTLY what you were doing when the surge hit. This could be fatal to the OS or possibly some of the hardware in the computer. And here's some advice, get one of those power strips. The protect against surges, so you can plug everything into one of those. And also, get Windows XP or Ubuntu. Or a Mac.

#3 Cordero

Cordero
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:25 AM

Problem solved! The virus or whatever it was shut down my ports so I couldn't use my mouse?!?! I ended up figuring out how to system restore with the keyboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users