Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan on taskman?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 norris123

norris123

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:02 AM

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\taskman (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Seems like I'm already a regular visitor here.

The same incident about infected flash drives happened again, but this time all the instructions you've given me didn't work. I wonder how my new antivirus wasn't able to detect the problem this time.

The problem now is that everytime I insert a flash drive or a cd, my computer automatically writes autorun which I cannot delete when I try to. Sometimes a window pops up asking what program should I open MsMxEng.

I just want to ask if there's any chance that it affected my iTunes. Because whenever I start iTunes, it doesn't go to the player but instead, I have to accept the software license agreement.

I always perform a quick scan using mbam. But after that very scan the trojan is detected again.

I'm in a very crucial decision because if I will reformat my computer, I have to save my files that are very large. I even have to install programs again which I don't have the cds.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:49 PM

Please download Sysclean Package and the latest Virus Pattern Files - (Pattern files are usually named lptxxx.zip, where xxx is the pattern file number) and save them to your desktop.
  • Be sure to print out and follow the instructions provided in the How to Use System Cleaner for performing a scan.
  • If you get a message that "required files are missing", click Ok and wait for sysclean.com to unpack them.
  • This tool generates a log file (sysclean.log) in the same folder where you ran it - C:\Sysclean.
-- When using Sysclean its best to use the Administrator's account or an account with Administrative rights otherwise you will not have access rights to scan some locations. You can Use the "Run As" Command to Start a Program as an Administrator. Even when doing that, the scanning process may result in "Access Denied" messages for some files. This is normal because these files are protected by the system.

-- Some anti-virus programs will alert you of a virus attack when running sysclean so it's best to disable them before performing a scan.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users