Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Extension of C drive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 XdrumfreakX

XdrumfreakX

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 26 September 2009 - 09:42 PM

Hi,

I followed the tutorial from this website: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/...133.html#extend

It didn't work but there is a message " There is not enough usable free space on specified disk(s) to extend the volume."

So what do i do next?

i saw from another website, they said one of the method to extend:
The easier way: Copy all data/files in D: drive to an USB hard disk (e.g. Western Digital My Book), right-click D: drive and click Delete Volume… to erase the D: drive file system.

My question is, if i click delete volume to erase D drive.. will it auto merge and become one whole C drive? or what? i do not dare to try it unless someone helps me in this!!

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_SteinPooch_*

Guest_SteinPooch_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:19 AM

It will not auto-merge, no. Try using GPartEd. It's free, LiveCD Bootable program that let's you edit every kind of Partition. And since the Operating System won't be in use, it should work. NEVER delete a volume without first consulting pros. Good idea.

#3 Aus Smithy

Aus Smithy

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:04 AM

Suggest you give some idea of what you are trying to do and what configuration you have eg partitions plus used space and unused space for each.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users