Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Image not seen in loop

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BSAC

BSAC

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 12 September 2004 - 12:01 PM

When I go to various web site for radar and other motion capable weather patterns, I can see them with no problem. On this web site http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/tropic/real-tim...8irnhcjava.html
I cannot get the loop to run. I can see the still images, but not the loop. Any ideas? Do I need to change some setting on the Internet Explorer, or download an application (I verified current versions of Flashmedia and Shockwave).

BSAC
Be Strong And Courageous!

Kevin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2004 - 12:38 PM

try this program its great just add your zip code and it gives you weather forcast and hurricane tracking anytime.
http://www.weatherbug.com/

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2004 - 02:20 PM

Its a java applet...does it load at all...or is just not animated for you?

#4 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,585 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 12 September 2004 - 02:55 PM

Have you given it some time to load? It's real slow on my dialup--had to wait for 11 frames to load before the loop begins. And each frame took over a minute. And that's using Mozilla.

I would steer clear of Weatherbug.

The fate of all mankind, I see

Is in the hands of fools

--King Crimson

#5 BSAC

BSAC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2004 - 05:59 PM

Cows, thanks, but I have had bad experiences with weatherbug and its invasiveness. Papakid, I use DSL so it should load, or at least start to load immediately. Grinler, nothing happens. I get an outline for where the loop image should be and a little square in the upper left corner with three smaller colored squares in that.

BSAC

Kevin

#6 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,585 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 12 September 2004 - 06:18 PM

Ah, sounds like you need to install the Java runtime environment. If you have fully updated Windose, the MS Java Virtual Machine was disabled. You can install the Sun Java--it's safer anyway--from here:
http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

When you click that link it will tell you if you have "true" Java installed or not. And the FAQ's and Help tab on that page is pretty good at dealing with if it's another issue.

If that's what you need, I would install Sun Java thru Internet Explorer. Once that's done, you can get the plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox if you need to.

The fate of all mankind, I see

Is in the hands of fools

--King Crimson

#7 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2004 - 09:07 PM

Ok fill me in whats wrong with weatherbug except its come with spyware I know! But I can live with it or can I?? I didnt know....

#8 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2004 - 10:38 PM

Some people do not want to install anything that has spyware

#9 BSAC

BSAC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2004 - 07:46 AM

My experience with weatherbug was simply irritation. It did things when I did not want it to be doing them. At the time I did not know about spyware, only that it was trying to do things I didn't want it to.

Kevin

#10 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2004 - 07:52 AM

My problem too! It just pops up but it is a good weather program. Im now familiar with spyware and HJT so if it ever get outa hand off of my pc it goes I guess.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users