Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

port forwarding

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 26 July 2005 - 02:15 PM

can any one help me ive not long brought a new pc and now have a wireless network as i am a keen gamer i brought guild wars and it wouldnt connect to download the patch and i checked to see what other games this happens with and every game i tried wouldnt work except cs:cz which took ages to work anyway i checked around and found that i needed to do something with portforwarding i have the gateway for guildwars that i need but hoq do i do it
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 pchartwell

pchartwell

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 26 July 2005 - 02:55 PM

You didn't say what make/model of router you are using for your wireless network but you should be able to find out where to configure port forwarding and other gaming essentials when you get into the administrative console for it (the router).

As to what the specifics are you're probably better off consulting the guildwars website and checking into the FAQ for support and connectivity issues. They no doubt have fielded the questions about home router configuration before.

#3 Zekaer

Zekaer

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 26 July 2005 - 07:07 PM

This website should be able to help you out.
Port forwarding :thumbsup:
What I Currently Use:
Ad-Aware SE Professional + Ad-Watch | Spybot S&D | CC Cleaner | NOD32 Antivirus System
AntiSpyware:
Ad-Aware SE Personal | Spybot S&D | Spyware Blaster | Spyware Guard
Online Virus Scanners:
Trend Micro's Housecall | Panda ActiveScan | TrojanScan | RAV | eTrust

#4 conk

conk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:39 PM

thnx guys and youre right that site is really good

problem is now i know how to do it my mom and step dad said i cant (theyre a bit paranoid as theyre new to computers) :thumbsup:
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users