Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Killbox problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ashrafio

Ashrafio

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 26 July 2005 - 01:52 PM

Hi there, this is my first post so if I'm missing anything forgive me.
Anyway I came to this website to find out how to remove the AV Gold Hijacker/virus. Here is the link if you need reminding of the steps:

AV Gold Removal Guide

The first few steps require downloading of a program called Killbox, then inputting filenames into killbox and then while it is still running to restart the PC in safe mode.
I did this but found that upon startup the PC would go to the Windows XP loading screen (little blue blocks moving under the Windows XP logo), it would register the keyboard and mouse and then the screen would go blank when there should be a Welcome screen. Also I know I have some form of control over the PC because I can shut down the PC using the windows key (windows key and then "U" twice). Unfortunately as my PC is inaccessible in all the various modes troubleshooting is difficult (blank screens on all the startup modes except the safe mode with command prompt where it goes through a series of files and gets to Drivers\mup.sys and then just nothing more appears). If you have any ideas please tell me.
Here are details of my PC and OS:
AMD Athlon 2000+
512MB RAM
60GB HDD, only 3GB free
Windows XP Pro

Cheers, Ash

Edited by Ashrafio, 26 July 2005 - 02:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users