Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 savlon

savlon

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:59 AM

Hello all, new here, from New Zealand. Signed up here initially to find a solution to my nephews rootkit and virus infested laptop. Seems I have defeated the evil with the help of your tutorials and search function without having to create a new thread here.
First impressions show a very information and helpful forum, hats off to the team.
Anyway, I'm sure my nephew will be bringing his laptop back at some stage for me to fix ... sigh.... so think I'll stick around.

Cheers for the help :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 26 September 2009 - 08:21 AM

Hello Salvon,

Welcome to BleepingComputer!

If you are a bit unsure about rules or you have a question about how our boards work, visit: New Users Orientation Board
And here is some more useful information in the Tutorials section: Tutorials

Hope to see you around!

Swordie
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 26 September 2009 - 11:04 AM

Of course, you could always have your nephew join and then he could experience the immense pleasure of fixing his own problems (probably with your help). He would find it's much easier to become infected than it is to get rid of malware, and may think twice about his internet activities.
Welcome to BC, and remember, our Members are always here to help you.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 savlon

savlon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:28 AM

Thanks for the welcome.
Should have mentioned he is 11, fairly bright kid, but not patient enough I think to read and follow instructions should he ask a question here. Type of kid that learns faster by watching how its done rather than have it explained in words to him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users