Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to export iTunes 'organised' music files for use with other listening software?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 haydnsagod

haydnsagod

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:19 AM

Hi guys.

For various reasons i want to move from using iTunes, to using Winamp.

However, iTunes has my music organised into folders by 'artist', not by the album they were originally from.

Some albums with guest artists on every track would be easy to organise into a file resembling the original album, however others with a guest artist on only one track might be quite difficult to reorganise due to the size of my music collection.

(I understand that iTunes inserts tags into the file so that it can play albums through iTunes itself).

Is there a way (or a piece of software) to export the actual music files from my iTunes library into files akin to those from the original cd's so that I can easily switch to using Winamp?

If not it would appear I have discovered one more layer of evilness to Apple that locks me into using their software for life as I don't have the time or patience to review all of my music & reorganise all of the files by album under artist. I am deeply regretting the day when I began with iTunes & ticked that 'keep my music organised' check box.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I am new to this site & did check the forums but did not find any relevant answers.

Haydn.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users