Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Re-install 3rd License?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JayDPiii

JayDPiii

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:43 PM

Hi;

I am hoping this is a very simple solution, it should be; but its Microsoft, so who knows...
Our daughter was going away to college.
So we purchased a three license Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, & OneNote) from NEWEGG.
One on my computer, one on my wife's. and the third on my daughter's new Dell.

Her new Dell died, and Dell finally sent a replacement.
Our daughter removed MS-Office from her old computer, and tried to install it on her new replacement computer.

It would not install. I am guessing because it tried to validate license, and saw that 3 were already previously validated.
Though, I would have thought that by uninstalling it from her old computer, while it was still up and running,
it would have released the third license use. It did not.
Unless she has to wait a period of time, like a few hours or more? She tried to re-install within a few minutes of uninstalling from the old one.

Otherwise, how does she let Microsoft know, that she is not trying to install a 4th license?

Thanks.

Edited by JayDPiii, 25 September 2009 - 08:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:59 PM

You may have to give it some time. I personally have done what you have tried before-- I uninstalled Office 2007 H&S (3 Licenses) on 1 of my 3 computers, and placed it on my fathers' laptop. I had given it I believe 3 days.

If the problem seems to persist, when you attempt to activate it, there is a "over the telephone activation" where they give you a number to activate it over the phone. You are going to need a extremely good reason at that point-- and they will give you an activation code you place onto the activation part.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#3 JayDPiii

JayDPiii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:06 PM

You may have to give it some time. I personally have done what you have tried before-- I uninstalled Office 2007 H&S (3 Licenses) on 1 of my 3 computers, and placed it on my fathers' laptop. I had given it I believe 3 days.

If ...

That worked. (And the fact that my daughter had one character off in entering the Activation Code.) <grin>
Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users