Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

trv96.tmp and trv97.tmp

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lionofct

lionofct

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:11 PM

I installed Medieval II and the Kingdoms expansion. When I started the game, Norton said trv97.tmp and trv96.tmp were trojans and deleted them, and now the game won't run.
My question is, are there indeed trojans, or am I just getting a false positive from Norton?
The two temp files were in the TEMP folder of windows, so it didn't affect the system folders.

Edited by lionofct, 25 September 2009 - 04:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Michael York

Michael York

Authorized Symantec Representative

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:48 PM

I installed Medieval II and the Kingdoms expansion. When I started the game, Norton said trv97.tmp and trv96.tmp were trojans and deleted them, and now the game won't run.
My question is, are there indeed trojans, or am I just getting a false positive from Norton?
The two temp files were in the TEMP folder of windows, so it didn't affect the system folders.

Hi lionofct,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

Which Norton product and version do you have installed? Please let me know.

There is a Log viewer built in to each Norton application that will provide you with the information, as to which infections were found in the files you have listed. If you can tell me if you are using a 2009 or 2010 product, I can provide you with the steps needed to view this information.

Thanks,
Mike

Edited by Michael York, 25 September 2009 - 05:57 PM.

Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation
http://service.symantec.com/priority

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users