Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus Win32.Malum.cmg

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cheese

Cheese

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 26 July 2005 - 12:07 PM

Howdy,
This is my first posting.
ZoneAlarm spotted a virus on my computer and its reappearing on subsequent system scans I'm running, referred to as Win32.Malum.cmg :thumbsup: I have noticed some very slow startup time but besides that, nothing overly strange is happening, at least yet. I have just spotted this.
Anyone heard of this one?

//Mod edit: Moved from Windows XP/NT/2000/2003 forum to the
more appropriate.

Edited by KoanYorel, 26 July 2005 - 12:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phatcat42141

phatcat42141

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 26 July 2005 - 12:40 PM

Howdy,
This is my first posting.
ZoneAlarm spotted a virus on my computer and its reappearing on subsequent system scans I'm running, referred to as Win32.Malum.cmg :thumbsup: I have noticed some very slow startup time but besides that, nothing overly strange is happening, at least yet. I have just spotted this.
Anyone heard of this one?

//Mod edit: Moved from Windows XP/NT/2000/2003 forum to the
more appropriate.

This is a trojan that is spread through p2p filesharing such as rapid share and emule. Try removing it through the trendmicro website -- go here and do a free complete system scan and remove whatever it finds --

www.trendmicro.com

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 26 July 2005 - 08:53 PM

If you are having problems with Spyware, Browser Hijackers, Popups, or other Malware then you have come to the right place. We will guide you through the process that is necessary to remove these infections from your computer. The first steps will be to have run the free spyware removal software Spybot - Search and Destroy and Ad-Aware. If there are problems after this step, we will continue with asking for a HijackThis log. This log will enable us to understand what is happening on your system and potentially quickly spot and then rectify the problems you are having.
How to get help using Hijack This and get a team memberís assistance:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How...s_Log-t956.html

If you haven't already done so, download, install update and run Spybot - Search and Destroy and Ad-Aware.

AdAware: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

Spybot S&D: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

If running these anti-malware aps does not result in a complete cure follow the directions for using "Hijack This" on the link provided above.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users