Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

$29.99 Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade for College students

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,462 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:43 AM

Microsoft announced recently that they are offering a very good deal for college students in the United State and in the United Kingdom. This deal allows students to purchase a Windows 7 Home Premium license for $29.99 compared to the normal price of $119.99. This promotion ends on January 3rd, 2010 and after that it will go back to normal pricing for college students. So if you are in college, this is too good of a deal to pass up. Even if you do not plan on upgrading immediately, it would be a smart decision to take advantage of this promotion in order to get Windows 7 at such a great price for a future upgrade. The links to the related sites are below.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:00 PM

Just as a note Windows 7 will be available for students at a discount on The Ultimate Steal. I am not sure of the date, but my guess is that it will not be too long after the Oct. 22 date when Windows 7 becomes available to the general public.

#3 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:12 PM

My college tops that. I'm gonna try and get Win7 Ultimate Upgrade for just the cost of the DVD being mailed to me. It's going to be around 18$ I believe.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:23 PM

My college tops that. I'm gonna try and get Win7 Ultimate Upgrade for just the cost of the DVD being mailed to me.

Really? I didn't know this was a contest, but hey, my college tops that. I get mine free. Perhaps you should see if your IT department has an MSDNAA account. :thumbsup:

#5 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:02 PM

^

Haha. I should buy one, they said somewhere that buying the Ultimate Version is the best deal, since they are all $29.99 across the board.

They are also offering this to other countries in 2010.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#6 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2009 - 10:37 PM

Okay, that's it. I'm buying it while I still have the chance!!!!

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#7 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2009 - 11:30 PM

Who wouldn't?

#8 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 27 September 2009 - 12:38 AM

Who wouldn't?

lol who cares
every one has win xp and vista and windows 7 is going to be a other problem os most likly

why i got linux :thumbsup:

#9 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:17 AM

why i got linux

Why I do not hire Linux elitists. :thumbsup:

#10 woodyblade

woodyblade

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 27 September 2009 - 07:24 AM

Thanks for telling us this, especially about the Microsoft Office software that will be really useful for me on my Uni course (My first IT session on Monday, Programming Concepts, nice start :thumbsup:), I can get free software off my Uni, I think Dreamweaver might be one of them (don't know yet since I haven't been given a account to download the software) but I can't get the Office Software like Word, Powerpoint or Excel so 39 is great to get the full package.

Just a question about Windows 7, will it be a CD/DVD sent in the post or will it be a download?
Plus is it an Upgrade or the Full version?

I'm currently running Vista Home Premium on my laptop and do have the OEM disc so it's no problem if it messes up, but I will assume if I install Windows 7 it will mean I have to reinstall all my software again?

#11 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:24 AM

why i got linux

you love M$
got shares in them? lol

#12 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:50 AM

Thanks for telling us this, especially about the Microsoft Office software that will be really useful for me on my Uni course (My first IT session on Monday, Programming Concepts, nice start :thumbsup:), I can get free software off my Uni, I think Dreamweaver might be one of them (don't know yet since I haven't been given a account to download the software) but I can't get the Office Software like Word, Powerpoint or Excel so 39 is great to get the full package.

Just a question about Windows 7, will it be a CD/DVD sent in the post or will it be a download?
Plus is it an Upgrade or the Full version?

I'm currently running Vista Home Premium on my laptop and do have the OEM disc so it's no problem if it messes up, but I will assume if I install Windows 7 it will mean I have to reinstall all my software again?

They should be sending DVD's to you. There is so many things wrong with a download, it would take a good 6 hours on my connection, downloading a good 2-3 GB.

#13 woodyblade

woodyblade

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:31 PM

Yep I'd of assumed a CD or DVD just asking to make sure, it took me about 3-4 hours to download the Windows 7 RC so would have been a similar for this.

#14 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:47 PM

why i got linux

you love M$
got shares in them? lol

Oh no... the debate is on again... Windows vs. Linux...

This sounds like a pretty good deal!! Wish they would do a similar sort of thing in Australia!! But i don't see that happening...

~ Kam

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

#15 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:45 PM

Oh no... the debate is on again... Windows vs. Linux...

Who said anything about Windows? :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users