- a couple days ago I noticed strange beeping sounds while I was watching downloaded tv shows.
then all my desktop icons disappeared, so I restarted my computer and a few new icons appeared along with my usual ones they were icons to nasty sites
- I deleted the icons, but my computer kept making beeping noises
- icons disappear from the desktop ... restart again and the same nasty icons reappear...
- computer running slow and popup windows are appearing out of nowhere and for no reason
- ran a scan check and it says i have 38 viruses, trogans, password something or other
- then my desktop goes to a bunch of 1's and 0's with words in big red letters that say 'warning' 'danger" and wants me to download virus protection
- I call my brother... he says i am infected...and tries to direct me to eset.com my computer won't let me go there..."webpage won't display"
- brother sends combofix to email...i go to work computer and put combofix on memory stick
- tried to install combofix on my computer, when i click on combofix.exe a popup window saying 'ALERT THE COMBO FIX PACKAGE HAS BEEN COMPRIMISED...DOWNLOAD A NEW ONE" but the new one says the same thing...
Edited by 216linda, 25 September 2009 - 08:25 PM.