Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will stop at the same blue screen with windows icon

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alocktbn

alocktbn

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:25 PM

Hai there... this is my 1st time posting thread. Hope you all can help me with my pc problm. this morning i turn on my pc and after the booting process my pc stuck at the blue screen with the windows icon. i tried to reboot it back but cannot.

so i boot it back by pushing the power button. everytime i turn it on again, it will stop at the same blue screen with windows icon.

i really need help with this.. there is a lot of important file on my HDD and i cannot afford to reformat it.

help needed... Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 25 September 2009 - 12:41 AM

Can you get into Safe Mode.

How to start Windows in Safe Mode
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 alocktbn

alocktbn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:27 AM

i cannot get into safemode after all. already try it, in every safe mode but it wil still stuck on the same blue screen with the windows icon "red, green, blue, yellow" on the middle of it.

any other options??

thanks

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:56 AM

Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD drive, and then restart the computer. Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD drive if you are prompted. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

Type: chkdsk /r

It's important to have a space before the "/".

To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users