Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MBAM wont run

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MBAM wont run

MBAM wont run

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:15 PM

Okay so yesterday at around 5:30 I downloaded a virus on accident and now I cant run MBAM and superantispyware. At first I couldn't even click on search results without getting redirected to a page saying to install Stopzilla. But instead I downloaded Counterspy and Ashampoo, Counterspy, Hijack this which couldn't even run. Of course I tryed everything to make Malwarebytes work again but everytime it stopped 5 seconds into a scan. Then when I try to reopen it it says "Windows can not recognise the specifed device,Path or File. You may not have the permissions to access the item." I did manage to get the virus to stop redirecting me to random pages by uninstalling Like 60 trojans and Something along the lines of "invalid start up items HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\windows\CurrentVersion\Run PopRock=C" with Counterspy. I think Thats all I should have to say so get back to me so I can start using MBAM again. Thanks in advance. Also if you're wondering I have no clue what virus I have.

PS. I am using a Vista SP2 32 bit.

Edited by MBAM wont run, 24 September 2009 - 08:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:39 PM

Let's try a different angle ...
Download this Utility and save it to your Desktop.
Double-click the Utility to run it and and let it finish.
When it states Finished! Press any key to exit, press any key to close the program.
It will save a .txt file to your desktop automatically. Double-click on the Win32kDiag.txt file that is located on your Desktop and post the entire contents of that log as part of the reply in the topic you will create below..
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 MBAM wont run

MBAM wont run
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:43 PM

Running from: C:\Users\Varun Sharma\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\6BVI4MYX\Win32kDiag[1].exe

Log file at : C:\Users\Varun Sharma\Desktop\Win32kDiag.txt

WARNING: Could not get backup privileges!

Searching 'C:\Windows'...

Found mount point : C:\Windows\AppPatch\Custom\Custom

Mount point destination : \Device\__max++>\^

Found mount point : C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Temp\ZAP2EBD.tmp\ZAP2EBD.tmp

Found mount point : C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Temp\ZAP9462.tmp\ZAP9462.tmp

Found mount point : C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Temp\ZAP9AF7.tmp\ZAP9AF7.tmp

Found mount point : C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Temp\ZAP9B0.tmp\ZAP9B0.tmp

Found mount point : C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Temp\ZAPA3ED.tmp\ZAPA3ED.tmp

Found mount point : C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Temp\ZAPA5B0.tmp\ZAPA5B0.tmp

Found mount point : C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Temp\ZAPB0D7.tmp\ZAPB0D7.tmp

Found mount point : C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Temp\ZAPFDA.tmp\ZAPFDA.tmp

Found mount point : C:\Windows\assembly\temp\temp

Found mount point : C:\Windows\assembly\tmp\tmp

Found mount point : C:\Windows\Globalization\Globalization

Found mount point : C:\Windows\Help\Corporate\Corporate

Found mount point : C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\000021091A0090400000000000F01FEC\12.0.6425\12.0.6425

Found mount point : C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\00002109411090400000000000F01FEC\12.0.4518\12.0.4518

Found mount point : C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\00002109440090400000000000F01FEC\12.0.6425\12.0.6425

Found mount point : C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\00002109510090400000000000F01FEC\12.0.6425\12.0.6425

Found mount point : C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\00002109511090400000000000F01FEC\12.0.4518\12.0.4518

Found mount point : C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\00002109610090400000000000F01FEC\12.0.6425\12.0.6425

Found mount point : C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\00002109711090400000000000F01FEC\12.0.4518\12.0.4518

Found mount point : C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\00002109810090400000000000F01FEC\12.0.6425\12.0.6425

Found mount point : C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\00002109910090400000000000F01FEC\12.0.6425\12.0.6425

Found mount point : C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\00002109A10090400000000000F01FEC\12.0.6425\12.0.6425

Found mount point : C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\00002109B10090400000000000F01FEC\12.0.6425\12.0.6425

Found mount point : C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\D7314F9862C648A4DB8BE2A5B47BE100\1.0.0\1.0.0

Found mount point : C:\Windows\Internet Logs\Internet Logs

Found mount point : C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\LiveKernelReports

Found mount point : C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\authman\authman

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ModemLogs\ModemLogs

Found mount point : C:\Windows\nap\configuration\configuration

Found mount point : C:\Windows\panther\setup.exe\setup.exe

Found mount point : C:\Windows\PCHEALTH\ERRORREP\QHEADLES\QHEADLES

Found mount point : C:\Windows\PCHEALTH\ERRORREP\QSIGNOFF\QSIGNOFF

Found mount point : C:\Windows\PLA\Templates\Templates

Found mount point : C:\Windows\registration\CRMLog\CRMLog

Found mount point : C:\Windows\SchCache\SchCache

Found mount point : C:\Windows\security\templates\templates

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\GameExplorer\GameExplorer

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Temp\TfsStore\Tfs_DAV\Tfs_DAV

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Quick Launch

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\My\Certificates\Certificates

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\My\CRLs\CRLs

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\My\CTLs\CTLs

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\UPnP Device Host\Description Documents\Description Documents

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Network Shortcuts\Network Shortcuts

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Printer Shortcuts\Printer Shortcuts

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\Recent

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Templates\Templates

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\Desktop\Desktop

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\Documents\Documents

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\Downloads\Downloads

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\Favorites\Favorites

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\Links\Links

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\Music\Music

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\Pictures\Pictures

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\Saved Games\Saved Games

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\Videos\Videos

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\GameExplorer\GameExplorer

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Media Player NSS\3.0\SCPD\SCPD

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Quick Launch

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\My\Certificates\Certificates

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\My\CRLs\CRLs

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\My\CTLs\CTLs

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Network Shortcuts\Network Shortcuts

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Printer Shortcuts\Printer Shortcuts

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\Recent

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Templates\Templates

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\Desktop\Desktop

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\Documents\Documents

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\Downloads\Downloads

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\Favorites\Favorites

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\Links\Links

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\Music\Music

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\Pictures\Pictures

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\Saved Games\Saved Games

Found mount point : C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\Videos\Videos

Found mount point : C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\AuthCabs\Downloaded\Downloaded

Found mount point : C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\PostRebootEventCache\PostRebootEventCache

Found mount point : C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\ScanFile\ScanFile

Found mount point : C:\Windows\Sun\Java\Deployment\Deployment

Cannot access: C:\Windows\System32\cngaudit.dll

[1] 2006-11-02 02:46:03 61952 C:\Windows\System32\cngaudit.dll ()

[2] 2006-11-02 02:46:03 11776 C:\Windows\System32\logevent.dll (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2006-11-02 02:46:03 11776 C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-cngaudit-dll_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6000.16386_none_e62d292932a96ce6\cngaudit.dll (Microsoft Corporation)

I hope this is right :thumbsup:

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:23 PM

Hi ,I meant to try this before.Reinstall
Remember to right click the desktop icon at install and select "Run as Administrator"

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.
2. Restart your computer (very important).
3. Download and run this utility. Mbam clean
4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).
5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php
Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent.
Note: If using Free version, ignore the part about putting in your license key and activating.
Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration.
Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray and run a Quick Scan and post that log.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 MBAM wont run

MBAM wont run
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:47 PM

Okay I did everything right but when i was at the final step of installing it, when it was supposed to update a message popped up " An error code occured please report the following error code to the malwarebytes anti-malware support team". Error code: 732 (0, 0) But all that did was not update for me when I opened MBAM I updated and now it is running a quick scan for 2 minutes and hasn't exited itself yet. Oh yeah I forgot to tell you one thing THANKS for your help but more importantly i used combofix before I even started this topic I ran Combofix and that probaly fixed everything but Instead of restarting my laptop I came here. :thumbsup: Here is my log file from MBAM Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41
Database version: 2857
Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2

9/24/2009 7:58:14 PM
mbam-log-2009-09-24 (19-58-14).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 91363
Time elapsed: 7 minute(s), 59 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 2

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Windows\win32k.sys (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\Varun Sharma\Desktop\winlogon.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Edited by MBAM wont run, 24 September 2009 - 09:59 PM.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:54 AM

You're welcome! Now you should Create a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been backed up, renamed and saved in System Restore. Since this is a protected directory your tools cannot access to delete these files, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name, then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.
  • Go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
  • Click "Ok". Disk Cleanup will scan your files for several minutes, then open.
  • Click the "More Options" tab, then click the "Clean up" button under System Restore.
  • Click Ok. You will be prompted with "Are you sure you want to delete all but the most recent restore point?"
  • Click Yes, then click Ok.
  • Click Yes again when prompted with "Are you sure you want to perform these actions?"
  • Disk Cleanup will remove the files and close automatically.
Vista Users can refer to these links: Create a New Restore Point and Disk Cleanup.

#7 MBAM wont run

MBAM wont run
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:45 PM

Thanks for all your help everything has been working fine and I made a restore point called "MBAM runs" :trumpet: :thumbsup: :flowers:

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:58 PM

You're most welcome,as new malware is getting stronger and harder to remove, please take a moment to read quietman7's excellent prevention tips in post 17 here
Click>>Tips to protect yourself against malware and reduce the potential for re-infection:

Good choice of names.

#9 MBAM wont run

MBAM wont run
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:42 PM

Alright thanks for the post recomendation I will definitly will pratice safer web searching from now on and keep using MBAM and avg and download a better Firewall like zonealarm or something. By the way what are these smileys :flowers: :thumbsup: ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users