Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is the best anti virus or spy ware removal software

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Raner

Raner

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:40 PM

Hi All
Just wanted to know what is the best software to make sure I am not infected.I have AVG.8.5 and Free Malwarebytes.But I think I need something that can check a little deeper than the programs I am using.
It's just little stuff the computer does like the mouse speed changes when I'm gaming on line,slow to Boot,slow to find the second drive after boot,slow to respond when opening files.
Running windows xp pro,Amd 6400+Duel core CPU,4 GB's of memory,Two ATI 2900 pro 512 each,1000 watt psu,asus crossfire motherboard,logitech MX-518 mouse set with no acceleraton. Thanks Raner!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jpm1363

jpm1363

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:46 PM

Raner,

I am using Vipre antivirus/antispyware, & I love it! They have a free 30 day trial, and as far as subscription it is very reasonable. I think I paid about $30 for a yr., and that covers 2 computers. It does a nice job

Edited by jpm1363, 24 September 2009 - 07:47 PM.

#3 Raner

Raner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:13 PM

Thanks for the info and I'll check on it JPM 1363 -Raner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users