Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with mouse it wont let me click and drag

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PoweredByGoogle

PoweredByGoogle

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:32 PM

So I'm on Windows XP when I click and hold down anything and try to drag it, it acts as I'm not holding down the clicking button.
I have tried several different mouses so I know its not a problem with the mouse. Can you please advise what the problem might be and how to fix it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PoweredByGoogle

PoweredByGoogle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:19 PM

Can anyone help?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,082 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:29 PM

You could try running chkdsk /r and then defragging...not sure that will help but it won't hurt.

Start/Run...type chkdsk /r (space between k and /) and hit Enter. Type Y in response to onscreen query and hit Enter. Reboot the system, the command will execute...system will boot into XP when command is done.

Louis

#4 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:32 PM

never heard of that one before. its got to be the mouse. when you change to a different mouse you should shut down your computer first and power up with the new mouse attached.

so the left button works to select with one click and opens with two clicks but will not allow you to drag and drop. i'm stumped

#5 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:44 PM

apparently its is not that uncommon. could be a stuck Esc key. google - "problem with drag and drop" for other ideas

Edited by caperdog, 25 September 2009 - 07:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users