Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advent netbook reinstall with xp pro

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 miniman1

miniman1

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 24 September 2009 - 05:58 PM

Hello, my son had a advent netbook 4211c that became virused heavily, i have installed windows xp pro, but now i (he) doesnt have a wireless adaptor or any of the features assosiated with the netbook to operate as was previously, can anyone help with the missing files/programmes to help get back to 'as was' ?
Thanks.
A Thing Of Beauty Is A Joy Forever.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,531 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:33 PM

If the version of XP Pro was already registered it won't make any difference, because you won't be able to activate it or update it. Also if this version of XP has been registered and activated you won't be able to use it on the netbook. You will also need to find all your device drivers, applications and reinstall them if this is a valid version of Pro.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users