Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photo Size

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 principessa

principessa

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 20 February 2004 - 12:04 PM

[B]After taking my digital photos and downloading them into the computer, when they are sent via email, the size is huge. How can I eliminate having to go through Photoshop or another similar porgram to resize them before sending. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,542 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2004 - 12:56 PM

There really is no way. Your digital camera is set for a certain resolution. In many cases that resolution is 1024x768 or bigger, which create a large viewable image.

The only way to make it smaller for when you send it via email is to go into an application and resize it. There is a great program for Windows XP that is part of microsoft free toolset Power Tools. It is called image resizer and once its installed you can right click on an image and resize it. It will then make a copy of the image in the new size.

The tool can be found here :
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/dow...s/powertoys.asp

#3 phil7

phil7

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2004 - 02:56 PM

Grinler,
I also took your advice and downloaded and installed the Image Resizer. I can't find it anywhere. All I get is the install program for the Image Resizer. I have Windows XP Home Edition, on an HP Notebook, Intel 2.4 gig, 512 Memory. Any suggestions?
Iíve learned two things in life: One, there is a God; Two, Iím not Him!

#4 Guest_MrSnausage_*

Guest_MrSnausage_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 20 April 2004 - 03:00 PM

After you have installed it, you can right click on a .gif or .jpg image file on your computer and ytou should have an option to resize the image.

#5 The Bear

The Bear

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2004 - 03:22 AM

Well better late than never

infranview is a great pic utility and free as well

As long as
IrfanView is provided as freeware, but only for private, non-commercial use (that means at home).
Infran view

Edited by The Bear, 18 August 2004 - 03:24 AM.

Computer help forums are full of those that go around the internet
clicking Willy Nilly and installing or downloading everything in site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users