Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer acting weird

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 .alex

.alex

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:45 AM

Yesterday I tried opening my Nero software, it gave me this error message

http://keithelder.net/blog/images/keitheld..._9937/image.png (except that says internet explorer mine was for Nero)

I tried looking online for a solution and it told me to run msconfig
I tried to run msconfig but it gave me an error message:

"you do not have sufficient privileges to run system configuration please run this utility as a user in the administrators group"

eventhough i am using the administrator user on this computer, I restarted my computer and tried opening Nero it opened and worked fine tried to run msconfig to see if it would work and sure enough it worked

Another thing, yesterday I tried to do a virus scan (I am using AntiVir Personal-Free Antivirus) and after a while the program stopped and it gave me a blue screen, I thought that maybe if I restarted and tried running the scan again it would work (like Nero) but again after about 39% the program stopped and a blue screen appeared, I do not remember what it said completely on the blue screen but somewhere at the top it said "no_pages_found" or something like that, this popped-up after restarting the computer after the blue screen:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 4d
BCP1: 000346E6
BCP2: 0003468F
BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: C0000054
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini092409-01.dmp
C:\Users\New\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-104161-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\New\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6F84.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=501...mp;clcid=0x0409

Don't know if all these problems are connected in some sort but its sort of odd so I thought I would ask here.
Any ideas in what is causing the problem to any of these?
Why doesn't msconfig work sometimes until i restart my pc?
Is there anything I can do to fix the problem?
Should I uninstall my virus scanner and go for something else?

Any suggestion or anything that could point me in the right way would be awesome, also thank you for taking the time to read this.

Edited by .alex, 24 September 2009 - 10:48 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RTCTech1

RTCTech1

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:16 AM

For the Nero issue, try re-installing the program first. If you re-install and are still getting the same problem, you might have bigger issues.

Have you tried running an Avira scan in Safe mode? When booting, keep pressing F8, choose "Safe mode" (not with networking assuming you have Avira updated) and run a scan that way.

You can also try using msconfig (if it will come up) in normal mode to set your boot to diagnostic start up.

Try these steps to see if you gain any results.

#3 .alex

.alex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:29 AM

For the Nero issue, try re-installing the program first. If you re-install and are still getting the same problem, you might have bigger issues.

Have you tried running an Avira scan in Safe mode? When booting, keep pressing F8, choose "Safe mode" (not with networking assuming you have Avira updated) and run a scan that way.

You can also try using msconfig (if it will come up) in normal mode to set your boot to diagnostic start up.

Try these steps to see if you gain any results.

allright ill be sure to give it a try
thanks for the reply

Edited by .alex, 24 September 2009 - 11:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users