Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

video compatibility for my motherboard

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ryan_w_quick

ryan_w_quick

• Members
  • 488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 26 July 2005 - 01:00 AM

I have a dell 5100 with an intel 945g express chipset for my motherboard. I also have a pci x16 for video cards. I want to install the 256 mb nvidia gforce 6800 graphics card. Can anyone that has any experience with this chipset tell me if the video card is compatible, i would also like to know what the max video card ram that the 945g express chipset supports. Thanks if you can help me
"To do less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." Steve Prefontaine

"The things you own end up owning you." Tyler Durden

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 26 July 2005 - 02:39 AM

Dear Ryan,

Give us the exact model number of your mother board. I'm having trouble finding a 5100 with a 945mb chipset.

Thanks,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users