Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP A320N NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Controller won't connect to Internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mdsmeck

mdsmeck

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:19 AM

I am working on a friend's HP Pavilion A320N and I need to connect to the Internet to download various files...

I have a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router WRT54GS with 2 desktops (hardwired) and 2 laptops (wireless) that are used with this router on a daily basis...

I attempted to connect this HP up to it and I am unable to ping the router - 192.168.1.1

I have tested out the cable and all else works fine, have uninstalled and reinstalled the NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Controller and TCP/IP...

The loopback ping to 127.0.0.1 (localhost) and ping of itself works fine - The green light for the ethernet port is on steady green and the yellow light flickers...Under Statistics, it shows sent packets, but no received packets...

When I disconnect the ethernet cable, it promptly reports that the "Network Cable is Unplugged"...

Under Device Manager, there are no issues with the NVIDIA Controller...

Have also reset the Cable Modem and Router to no avail...

Don't know where to go from here???

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...

Mike...

Edited by mdsmeck, 24 September 2009 - 12:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mdsmeck

mdsmeck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:03 PM

Well...Since this controller is integrated into the motherboard, the only thing I can think to do is disable it and install a new nic card...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users