Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Drivers problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Zinus

Zinus

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:02 PM

I'm trying to install a graphics card into my older desktop (Diamond Stealth S120). My last card was a Radeon x700 and it after years of use died on me; so I picked this up as a replacement. Even though the damn thing tells me "Vista Certified" on the box I keep getting errors on my operating system when I try installing via the disk.

I figured it would be best to try and install the drivers from the diamond website because their instructions seemed to point in that direction; I.E. Install drivers and the disk will work. However, this failed too, the driver begins to install something but soon crashes saying their was a conflict or something.

This has been the 3rd card I have gotten in the past week; the first was the wrong port size. The second was too slow and couldn't keep up and now this one crashes at every turn. They have all been Diamond which is all Homedepot has (just about) I couldn't be more unhappy with their products.

I don't know how to look up hardware information on my computer so I can't post them here but can anyone help?

Should I order another Radeon x700? Call the company? I'm just really frustrated :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users