Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless LAN connectivity issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 QuaGon

QuaGon

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:27 PM

hi,
i have a BTHomeHub and i have 2 laptops... now the internet is working fine on 1 of my laptops, however on my 2nd laptop the internet just stopped working about a week ago...

now i can see the network on "available wireless networks" and i have connected to it.. plus when i hover my mouse over the tray icon in the bottom right corner it says,

"Wireless Network Connection BTHomeHub-73F4
Speed 54.0 MB
Signal Strength: Very Good

however using both internet explorer and firefox i cant browse the internet, it just comes up, "Server not found"

i tried reseting the connection and a couple of other things but its really not helping.. its a case of my latop can see there is a network and appears to have connected to it, but nothing is coming through, when my other laptop is connected to the same network and is working fine..?

any ideas or help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:19 AM

What version of windows? What changed a week ago?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users