Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MAJOR Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cerberus

Cerberus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:28 PM

Hey all, I have a major problem I've come across with my computer.
(Right now I'm using my other old computer)

You see, whenever I startup my computer, everything rolls smoothly, just as usual, but within 10-15 seconds of the computer being on (after it's done loading and is ready to be used), I hear a little clicking sound, and the screen turns into this blue screen that reads:

" A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps.:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Diable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x806129AF, 0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance."

Now, I thought it would go away and fix itself over time, but it's been doing this for nearly 3 days now, and I have no idea what to do about it or how to fix it.

And, I'm not all that really "computer-smart", so, I don't even understand what's wrong. I didn't even understand half of what the message said.

I need this to be fixed too, because I have ALL my files on there, and I lost all the file backup CD's, so I can't restart my entire computer
(by restart I mean erasing everything and starting over.)
Because the files are too important to just erase, it would take me days on end to have to type everything back up again.

Someone please help.

- Cerberus.

Edited by Cerberus, 25 July 2005 - 09:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2005 - 10:06 PM

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

0x0000008E here
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....ools/hh/ddtools
/BCCodes_12795dee-19a9-4461-a135-bbb882b81455.xml.asp

0xC0000005 here http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....2kmsgs/1121.asp

Generally, use the General Troubleshooting of STOP Messages checklist above to troubleshoot this problem. A specific problem is known to exist with Win XP SP2 and Server 2003 in combination with certain antivirus programs, firewalls, and similar software; see the article linked below for details and current status of a fix from Microsoft.

0x806129AF I believe this to be a specific error code

0x00000000 generic error code
Posted Image

#3 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 26 July 2005 - 04:02 AM

Hi if you are getting Stop 0x0000008e error message during windows xp setup

Stop 0x0000008e

and Stop 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA are both the same code for different setups

A hardware driver or system service requested data that was not in memory, causing an exception error.
This cause may be defective physical memory or incompatible software, especially remote control and antivirus programs.
If the error occurs immediately after installing a device driver or application, try to use Safe Mode to remove the driver or uninstall the program.

If after that you run the setup program, you may receive an error message that is similar to the following:

Setup cannot copy the file Setupdd.sys.

Cause
This behavior may orror if one of the following conditions is true:

One or more of the random access memory (RAM) modules that are installed on your computer are faulty.

The RAM configuration is incompatible with Windows xp.

KEEP us updated on progress.
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#4 klink1956

klink1956

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 26 July 2005 - 06:05 AM

hey,
I'd like to know where this "clicking" sound is coming from.
I had one once when the fan on my video card was on it's way out... the fan ran okay for about 3-5 minutes,slowed... quit... clicked a bit.. then bsod..but I cannot recall what the screen said.
I replaced the fan on the card... all was fine after that. So I guessed that the card over-heated and caused the bsod.
Open the case before you boot and see if you can figure out where the noise is coming from.
Make sure you disconnect the power cord and keep yourself grounded if you decide to touch anything inside the case... either obtain a wrist strap that attatches to the chassis or keep in physical contact with part of the chassis at all times.

Don't forget to post back

Bob
Where ever you go.................. There you are

#5 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2005 - 07:25 AM

I'd like to know where this "clicking" sound is coming from.

That is caused by the change in resolution required to display the error screen (BSOD) and comes from the monitor.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users