Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with graphics in windows 7

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jooks

jooks

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:59 PM

I recently installed windows 7 ultimate on my pc a dell demension 3000. Everything is working fine however as they dont make drivers for even vista for my intel 865g graphics controller i cant get out of 640 by 480 resolution with 256 colors..Its very annoying. Anybody know of any hacked drivers or maybe anything universal that would run my graphics chip in windows 7? I bought a video card only to realize that when i open my case there is noplace to install it(goddamn dell!!) All i have on my mobo are the three smaller slots and even though there is an opening in the back for where the video card is supposed to go there is just an empty space where the pci slot should be...Can anybody help???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:58 PM

HAve you tried installing the XP drivers to see what happens? Windows 7 is pretty good about discovering compatibility issues and working around them.

#3 kingsly

kingsly

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:36 PM

hey...if ur s is an intelchipset...mail me at kingslyjayanthan@gmail.com....i ll send u the drivers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users