1. Spybot Search and Destroy found a Trojan virus in 16 locations, but when I tried to clean them, Spybot crashed and gave an error message
2. I tried Hijack This ; it ran for a short time and then crashed
3. After crashing these programs were restarted and both gave the error message "Windows cannot find the specified device,path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"
4. I am using MacAfee and Windows Firewall. Macafee indicates it cannot run because it cannot get the scan progress.
4. Google - Yahoo seemed hijacked and go to random sites on searches results.
One other point Hijack This now shows a size of 76,000 MB in the control panel (add/remove)
Any suggestions appreciated.
PS. Just found out (using A-Squared) that the virus name appears to be Gen.Trojan!IK
Edited by jedijfo, 23 September 2009 - 01:00 PM.